About Vedic Heritage Portal
A project on design and development of a Vedic Heritage Portal initiated at IGNCA, under the aegis of the Ministry of Culture, Government of India. The portal aims to communicate message enshrined in the Vedas. The portal will be a one-stop solution for the user, who would like to search any information regarding the Vedic heritage, be it the abstract oral traditions, or the textual tradition in the form of published books/ manuscripts, or implements (Yajna related objects).Understanding of the Vedic wisdom through the lenses of the modern scientific knowledge specially in the field of Sciences, Mathematics, Medicine, Astronomy, Architecture, Legal Systems, Metallurgy, Philology, Environmental Studies, Aeronautics, Astrology, Rituals etc., is another mammoth task, which has been initiated under this project.At present, portal aimed at targeting mainly three user groups: (i) those associated with the traditional Vedic learning, (ii) those interested to know the Vedas and their Content, and (iii) Professionals who can relate the Vedas with the modern context.The main objective of the portal is to collate the following information for making the same accessible online and to provide a forum for further dialogue:
- Introduction and structure of the Vedas including Rigveda, Yajurveda, Samaveda and Atharvaveda.
- Recitations / chanting (Veda Paath) of Vedic Samhita practiced in different parts of the country with accent and variations.
- Recording of eminent scholars for creating awareness and propagation of the Vedic wisdom with their relevance in present day.
- Textual details of Vedic Samhitas, Brahmanas, Aranyakas, Upanishads and Vedangas etc. available in the form of manuscripts and published books.
- Vedic Rituals based on Shrauta Sutras, in audiovisual format.
- List of Vedic Scholars and Vedic Learning Centers.
In addition, a permanent gallery of Vedic Implements, showcasing the technology and tools used in Vedic Yajna, will be set up in IGNCA.